Confused by Safe Online

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by Clive T, Oct 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clive T

Clive T Registered Member

My registered version of Prevx has updated to 3.0.5.3 and I'm now finding that two of my most useful progs, namely LinkStash and CintaNotes, are refusing to accept my keyboard input to capture new link and text information unless I turn off Safe Online protection.
    As I understand it from the confusing posts I've seen here, this 'enhancement' appears to be a paid upgrade on license renewal (which in my case is next month for two licenses). Given these issues could you please tell me how to white list the actions of these two progs or completely remove safe online from my installed version (not just disable it!).

2. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Hello,
    SafeOnline prevents programs from reading this data from the browser so you will most likely need to set the configuration of SafeOnline down to Medium or turn it off completely if you need this functionality. We intentionally don't have means to whitelist programs like this directly because of the risk for malware to impersonate the legitimate programs or use them covertly to steal the data from the user behind-the-scenes.

Let me know if you have any questions! :)

3. Clive T

Clive T Registered Member

Thanks for the frank response, Joe. Turning down the protection level doesn't help; turning it off completely does. So, I've saved myself £40 next month.
    Regards

4. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

It also may be worth noting that SafeOnline is a component of Prevx 3.0 and Prevx 3.0 can be renewed/purchased without it (and disabling SafeOnline completely disables all of its functionality if you are having any issues with it).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.