Confused about GSS/AD/RD Versions

Discussion in 'Ghost Security Suite (GSS)' started by Konyntje, Jan 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Konyntje

Konyntje Registered Member

Just purchased AppDefend after running the freeware version for a while; owned a RegDefend license for several years. After registering AD, the GSS line at the top still says "GSS [Beta] V1.110", plus when checking for online updates it says everything is current...BUT discussion on the boards indicates RD has a 3.0Beta and AD is 1.3Beta, implying there is at least a RD 2.0 and a more advanced version of AD. So I'm confused. Do I have current versions of GSS/AD/RD or do I need to download a new version of something (from where? - GS site shows AD as only a V1.0 download) or just hang tight?

Much thanks.

2. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

The versions available on the ghost security website are the most stable at the moment. There are newer versions available from this forum however they are buggy so try them at your own risk.

3. berng

berng Registered Member

I tried the new alpah version (Alpha 3 - the one posted on this web site) and found it to be very buggy. The Regdefend profile listing was blank and on the Ghost suite main page Regdefend is always listed as deactivated.

APPDEFEND seems to work but when active it does not give me the capability to pick an alternate profile, as can be done in the prior version. But the Ghost suite does have nice floating ghosts on the Windows login screen.:)

Hopefully, Jason will get his new beta out. But that has been a two year wait. Meanwhile, I'd stick with the current beta version.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.