Confused about diff versions/editions etc.

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by keph, Sep 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. keph

keph Registered Member

Hi, I've been using NOD32 on my home computer for a while now and I'm really impressed with it. I'm currently examining installing it on the comupters that we have in our office. I'm just trying to figure out what versions etc I need to do what I want.

At work we have 10 winxp workstations and one winxp machine that serves as a file server. First of all, is it even worth trying to setup remote administration for 10 computers (all in the same small building)? Assuming it is, If I wanted to take advantage of the ability to use a the same configuration file to setup each computer and then be able to push changes with the remote administration, do I need to have a "Small Business Edition" for every computer in the office? Or can I put "Home & Home Office" editions on all but the remote admin computer? Also, does the ability to mirror updates come with the small business edition only?

As a sort of side note, is the remote registry service absolutely required? Or does it simply disable certain features if it's not enabled? I have to say that I'm quite uneasy with the idea of enabling it on all the computers in our office, since I specfically went through the trouble to disable them in the first place. :doubt:

Any thoughts would be much appreciated!

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi keph, welcome to Wilders.

That is a personal preference only.

NOD32 can not be “pushed” to a Windows XP Home Edition. NT, 2000 and XP Pro are perfectly fine (previous versions of Windows such as 98 should be fine).

It comes with the mirror edition of NOD32 that is available when you purchase 2 or more licenses.

I would take a run through the NOD32 Enterprise Edition Tutorial

Cheers :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.