Conflict with Spython

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by cheyenne, Jul 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cheyenne

cheyenne Registered Member

I use System Mechanic Pro and scan with the Spython tool often. About 10 days ago it began reporting WinPup32 on my system, remove it and it came right back. Took me a while cause I'm very new at this but it turns out what it's finding is a reg key for Ewido. Am I likely to run into any more problems with compatably issues?

2. JDinNYC

JDinNYC Registered Member

I'm pretty new at this too, and wonder how you figured out that Spython was targeting a reg key for Ewido? Thank you for doing so, as you resolved the problem for me too, but I would like to learn how you discerned that info, if you're willing to share. When I go to the "Inspect and Undo Changes" function in Sys Mech 6 Pro, it says only "Remove Spyware: Winpup32." I don't see anything that connects the false positive with Ewido.

Again, thanks for resolving this mystery. Incidentally, has Sys Mech 6 Pro ever informed you that there's something wrong with your hard drive that it can't fix? It has been telling me that since I bought the program last November, but aside from its say-so, there's no other sign or symptom of anything wrong with my hard drive. (I back up frequently as a safeguard, of course.)

--Adam

3. Kielty

Kielty Registered Member

I too have just resolved this. I was lucky, I noticed right away after installing Ewido 4 that the Spython component of Sys Mechanic Pro was detecting a registry key specific to ewido as spyware. If you run a custom spython scan it will give you the relevant details. I emailed the company but no response. Very annoying...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.