conflict with cfos speed?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by typist, May 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. typist

typist Registered Member

I installed NOD32 today, everything worked fine, until I rebooted: everything froze, even task manager. I did a hard reset, rebooted, same problem again.

I then rebooted into safe mode, and uninstalled NOD32, rebooted normally; now the system is stable again and everything is working fine.

I suspect NOD32 somehow causes a conflict with the networking stack which is installed by cfos speed (I'm currently using V4.21 build1 403 ht tp://www.cfos.de/beta/cfosspeed-v421-build1403.exe ). I've seen some other threads (in the cfos forums) which indicate there might be some issues.

Can anyone else confirm this?

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2008
  2. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

this will be interesting to watch - that link you provided is a BETA - so I'm not sure if you'll get many testers....

3. typist

typist Registered Member

I suspect using the latest stable release of cfos speed won't make much difference, I doubt the issues are limited to the latest beta - the followng is from another forum, posted long before the beta I'm using was released:

http://www.cfos.de/cgi-bin/cutecast...hFnwWQpgrftRsSCcoAh5uKBFM&forum=6&thread=2220

4. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

Just to confirm - you installed which version of NOD32?

Eset NOD32 v2.7?
    Eset NOD32 Antivirus v3.0?
    Eset Smart Security?

Because the quote you gave indicates a firewall portion of the program - and you mention NOD32 - there is no firewall in NOD32 (either v2.7 or v3.0) - only Eset Smart Security contains a firewall - and that is a completely different test to running EAV 3.0 or NOD32 v2.7...

Also - what OS are you running - and is it 100% patched with the Microsoft patches - ie, if it's XP, or Vista and fully patched.

tia

Greg

5. typist

typist Registered Member

NOD32 Antivirus v3.0.

yes, I'm running XP, fully patched including SP3.

the quote was probably referring to the firewall component of cfos speed.

I uninstalled cfos speed, and tried to reinstall NOD32. The system froze as soon as the installer said it was removing back up files (probably as soon as NOD32 started running).

So obviously cfos speed isn't part of my problem.

NOD32 claims f-secure is installed, however I have only used their only scan. Nevertheless I ran the F-secure uninstall tool, NOD32 still claims F-secure is installed and still hangs. It also claims symantec is installed, however all symantec services are disabled and there are no symantec processes running.

Well I'm giving up for now. When I have time, I will do a clean install of XP and try to track down what is causing the issues.

Last edited: May 7, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.