Conflict Between TI 8 and Diskeeper 9 Boot-Time Defrag?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by stoat, Jun 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stoat

stoat Registered Member

I recently installed TI 8 (Build 859, registered version) and used it to backup to a secure zone on another disk. The Startup Recovery Manager is activated. TI 8 works fine to recover the boot partition with one exception:

Diskeeper 9 run on the restored partition with boot-time defragmentation of directories and MFT produces a BSOD. Now to be fair, this problem might be unrelated to TI. I didn't try this boot-time defragmentation until after I restored the partition. Wondering if the Startup Recovery Manager could be causing problem by altering the MBR. Any thoughts? If not, I will go to Executive Software to see if any problems are known.

Thanks.

--John

2. djmorgan

djmorgan Registered Member

I run Diskeeper 9 latest version and TI and neither has produced any errors

3. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

I use DisKeeper 8 Pro and never have had any problems...

4. stoat

stoat Registered Member

Thanks to those who replied. It wasn't clear to me whether your replies addressed the same conditions:

Have you done a boot-time defragmentation of boot partition with the Startup Recovery Manager already enabled? I haven't had any problems with Diskeeper except under those conditions.

Thanks.

--John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.