Conflict between Safeonline and Online Armor Premium

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by Scoobs72, Sep 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scoobs72

Scoobs72 Registered Member

I'm having a lot of problems with SOL and Online Armor, but it appears to be only with IE8. Firefox seems to be ok. Essentially, most https websites either fail to load (as if there was no internet connection) or they load but then subsequently fail to load when you try to log in. Occasionally I'll get a partial load where all graphics and icons are missing.

Turning of SOL resolves the problem. Lowering SOL settings does not. There's nothing obvious in the scan log, but just to be certain I've added exclusions for Prevx in OA, and OA in Prevx. Web Shield is disabled on OA. Disabling Keylogger protection makes no difference either.

Any suggestions? Thx.

2. tobacco

tobacco Frequent Poster

I know this will bring out the pitchforks and cause the torches to be lit :D but i found OA not to be the easiest app to get along with. Tried it twice with various setups but was caught each time in a continuous reboot after the mandatory restart :eek:

3. Scoobs72

Don't think it'll bring out the pitchforks, but your comments are completely useless to the topic in question and no help to me whatsoever. I'll wait for Joe to respond to troubleshoot the problem.

4. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Could you send the scan log to report@prevxresearch.com? We've had some users in the past have their problems fixed with Online Armor by whitelisting the individual components directly.

Thanks! :)

5. tobacco

tobacco Frequent Poster

How are they useless. Mostly likely your problem is with OA and not Prevx.

6. Scoobs72

Scan log sent. Thx.

Edit: I've just tried whitelisting the individual components, but this doesn't help. I've sent through an updated scan log showing these components whitelisted.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2010
  7. NiteSurfer

NiteSurfer Registered Member

What version of OA Premium are you using and have you changed or disabled any settings (shields/guards)? I have tested all the versions (up to ones not yet released to the public) with Prevx and have none of these problems.

Have you changed any of the default settings in Prevx w/SOL?

Have you added Prevx to OA Exclusions? Have you added OA to Prevx Detection Override? Under OA History are you seeing kernnel events or getting any dumps? If so, please go to the OA forum and open a thread and I or another forum helper will address your issue there.

If you do not see anything in the OA History indicating a problem with the software, perhaps it is an issue with one of your other security software. Thank you.

8. Scoobs72

All of the above have been looked at/tried. Latest versions of everything being run. There's nothing in the logs that help. I am currently working with Prevx support to resolve - we've tried a few things, next step is a remote support session. The problem exists on a clean install Win7. If Prevx can't resolve it then I'll head over to the OA forum. Thanks for your help. I'll post when there's news.

p.s. I believe it's a Win7 only problem and I note your setup is XP

9. Scoobs72

Would be interesting to see if anybody can recreate this in Win7, 32bit with OA Premium (Webshield off), Prevx SOL:

Open IE8
    Go to www.national-lottery.co.uk
    Click My Account
    Just enter any username and password
    This produces an error "Internet Explorer Cannot Display the Webpage"

Try it in Firefox and it works fine

10. Scoobs72

Problem now fixed after a remote support session. It should appear in the next beta. Great support from Prevx :thumb: :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.