Conflict between norton products??

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by xpwj, Nov 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpwj

xpwj Guest

I current have norton system utility 2003, and i just got norton internet security 2004...it seems like if i have both of these on my computer the update procedure will be screwed up...when ever i try to update it says "update list is corrupted" However, the antivirus part was able to update by itself o_O I treid to serach through the symantec support section but the best i found was reinstall the products which i did but didn't help..anyone has ever got this kind of problem??

2. AplusWebMaster

AplusWebMaster Registered Member

:( - Uncertain, but they are having problems with the current "Product Activation" codes for NAV 2004. Somehow, the interaction of multiple Norton products under "Norton System Utility 2003" that you are using -may- be related; see this post:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=15698

Also, if you are getting any program error codes (i.e.: error message LU1844), see this:
    - LiveUpdate fails with Norton Internet Security 2004 claiming "the update list for this product is corrupted" -
    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nip.nsf/pfdocs/2003100913060536

Sorry I can't help more...

3. xpwj

xpwj Guest

thank you for replying....
    i didn't get any error code....when i try to update, it first say "connecting liveupdate.symantic update.com....." then it pause for a bit and say "Update list is corrupted" ...i checked my connection with the symantic server and found no problem..i also don't have any problem with activation or subscribion...........strangly...antivrus is able to do autoupdate..but system work and internet security i'm not sure....
    PS: thankx again

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.