Configuring Rules/Zones help.

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by bseos, Oct 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bseos

bseos Registered Member

How can i set a specific program to accept only incoming trusted zone traffic and deny outgoing trusted zone traffic, and deny all in and out internet traffic?

See my below screen shot of what i am trying to change.

http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/8276/10323310js4.png

One more thing, how do i add a exception to the automatic filtering (firewall)

Sorry if this post doesn't make much sense i have had a long day and it is now 12:20am and i can barely keep my eyes open...zzZZZZ

2. bseos

bseos Registered Member

P:lease, anyoneo_O

3. NAMOR

NAMOR Registered Member

The "new" button (from your screenshot) will allow you to do that. Click the “new” button to create an advanced firewall rule. In the "General" tab you can define the protocol (TCP/UP), action (Allow/Deny) and Direction (In/Out). The "Locale" tab is where you define the locale ports you want to open as well as the app you want the rule created for. Then the "Remote" tab is where you define the remote ports and address/zones. I guess what you want would go something like this.

1. Create the first rule to allow inbound from trusted zone for that app.
    2. Create a second rule to block everything else for that app.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.