Configuring Profiles

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by dragonflyguy73, Jul 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dragonflyguy73

dragonflyguy73 Registered Member

I've recently bought and Installed Nod32 Antivirus. I've set up a daily Nod32 on-demand scan for "Control Center Profile - Local." My problem is, how do I know what each profile encompasses? Is there a way to configure the profiles so I can see what parts of my computer are in a certain profile, and set new ones up with certain aspects? I can't figure out how to do this for the life of me! o_O As of right now I'm just having it scan "Control Center Profile - Local" daily, as I can't figure out how to look at and configure the profiles. Any help would be appreciated!

2. pykko

pykko Registered Member

Well, it's not so hard to configure profiles.
    Just go to NOD32-> run NOD32 on-demand scanner and then hit Profiles tab.

This is the place to manage them.
    You could set it the way you like: Actions, Setup tabs and then go to Profiles and choose one.
    For Control Center Profile save it and let only "Use this profile when launching NOD32 from the Control Center" enabled.

Then you could set how does yuor NOD behave while scanning a file from within the context menu.
    Set Actions and Setup the way you like and then go to Profiles choose "Context-menu profile" and check: "Use this profile for scanning files from within the context menu". Then Save again this profile and generally speaking you won't need more.
    Hope you understood something from my post. :D

3. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi dragonflyguy73, welcome to Wilders.

I would suggest a run through this thread it should get you sorted out pretty quickly.

Cheers :D

4. dragonflyguy73

I understand what you're saying, but how do I know what each profile encompasses? I checked the thread that you recommended but that didn't help with what I'm trying to figure out. I want to schedule a full system scan daily, but what profile would that be used with the on-demand scanner automatically each day?

5. Blackspear

This scan does not use a profile, it uses switches to run the nastiest scan available :D Were as this scan uses the "Control Centre Profile" for running a scan.

6. dragonflyguy73

I'm sorry, but there is so much information in that first thread about different configurations and such, which scan is a full system scan and the most potent? And if it's the on-demand NOD32 scanner, which profile encompasses the entire system?

7. Blackspear

Post number 70 and onwards.

Post number 82 uses a "Profile" to run a "silent scan".

8. dragonflyguy73

Is this the proper configuration for a full in-depth scan of my C drive? I'm still kind of confused about how to properly set up a scheduled full-system scan, but this is what I've come up with:

Right click -> Details:

NOD32 Kernel - Execution of an External Application

Scheduled:
    Every day at 06:00:00

In case it fails it will be performed at scheduled time:
    Task will be run as soon as possible.

special task settings:
    nod32.exe

Sorry for having so many problems figuring this out, but this program is very different from any of the antivirus programs I've used before, and this seems to be especially confusing to me.

9. alglove

alglove Registered Member

Check "Show dialog for special options". In that dialog, use these settings:

File:
    C:\Program Files\ESET\nod32.exe

Work directory:
    (leave it blank)

Command line:
    /selfcheck+ /subdir+ /break+ /scroll+ /quit+ /pattern+ /heur+ /scanfile+ /scanboot+ /scanmbr+ /scanmem+ /arch+ /pack+ /sfx+ /ntfs+ /mailbox+ /adware /unsafe /local /all /ah /heur+ /log+ /wrap- /cleanmode /clean /delete /quarantine

(or whatever set of options you want to use... I just cut-and-pasted mine)

10. dragonflyguy73

Where can I get a list of all of the command lines, and what each does?

11. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

Post #77 in the thread Blackspear has already referred you to. I would recommend you take the time to read through it, it covers pretty much all aspects of NOD32.

Cheers :)

12. alglove

alglove Registered Member

You can also look in the NOD32 help file. Go to User Manual --> NOD32 Control Center --> Modules --> NOD32: On-demand scanner --> Command line parameters.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.