Configuring Nod32 Updates For Remote Office Sites

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by slyder, Aug 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slyder

slyder Registered Member

We have 1 main office, and 3 remote offices all connected via ADSL VPN.

Is it better for the mirror servers on the remote sites to get their updates from the internet? Or from the main site?

I can see that getting updates from the main site would use a small amount of their ADSL bandwidth. But I could be sure that they are all getting updated at the same time.

On the other hand if the main sites internet went down, they could not get updates until this was restored.

Any thoughts on this issue?
    Thanks

2. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    Depends on the size of the sites. For some of my clients with smaller satellite offices...I usually use my laptop configuration...I have them connect to the RAS box so I can keep tabs on them..but pull their updates from the internet. That way they don't hit the VPN tunnel for updates. Granted NOD32 definition updates are relatively small in size anyways..but you get those occasional program updates too...so the VPN tunnel is really just used for the heartbeat traffic of the clients reporting into the remote admin server.

For clients with larger networks..larger satellite offices...I'll have a RAS/Mirror set at each satellite office. It reports to the central server...but it also manages the clients at the satellite offices...it gets it's updates from Esets pub servers..and pushes them locally at the satellite offices. It just reports into the central RAS server at the central office through the VPN tunnel.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.