Configuring a Westell 6100F (Verizon DSL)

Discussion in 'hardware' started by AKAJohnDoe, Jun 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AKAJohnDoe

AKAJohnDoe Registered Member

99.9% of the use will be through a wireless router/access point hardwired downstream from the Westell modem/router.

On the Westell I have already changed the:
    • password
    • IP address
    • DHCP addresses and range

A few questions:
    1. Should I leave the Westell security settings or bump them up to at least minimum?
    2. Are there any other configuration options that should be considered?
    3. The Westell is configured in bridge mode; however, with a wireless router connected there will be NAT twice, correct? Any considerations there of which I should be aware?

I previously configured the downstream wireless router/access point to my satisfaction.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2008
  2. AKAJohnDoe

AKAJohnDoe Registered Member

The only oddity I notice is a UDP packet coming down to my PC, through the wireless router, from the wired Modem/router. Likely DNS related, I have not really looked into it since ZoneAlarm blocks it at my PC and everything appears to be functional.

3. timcan

timcan Registered Member

Hi, not sure if this helps in your case but I used instructions from this link on my bridged mode/separate router westell 6100 from bellsouth/att.
    Possibly the same configuration. :)http://www.dslreports.com/faq/6096

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.