Configuration question

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by Page42, Aug 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

With Prevx configured as per the attached image, is it correct that files will not be automatically blocked without prompting me? And isn't it correct that the next to last item, "Automatically remove blocked files", is not in effect because the last item is not checked?

Attached Files:

2. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

That's correct - out of curiosity: are these the settings you've been using to test against malware execution? Could you try unticking both of those boxes to see if that makes any difference?

3. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

Okay, I unticked both and re-scanned. The scan results showed all secure, clean green. Then the email arrived with the same infection notice.

4. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

So now my configuration is as appears in attached image. This brings to mind, what is the default setting, and is there now (or could there be in the future) a 'reset to default' option? At this point, I am unclear on what the default is.

Attached Files:

5. PrevxHelp

These settings are the default settings (we did have a reset to default option but removed it in the change from CSI > Edge > Prevx 3.0 but will be adding it back).

The only reason why I questioned your settings is that they could potentially change the behavior of the blocking of malware, which may be a factor in the blocking alongside your other programs. It would be worth re-running some of the tests to see if the test virus still gets past (and I can generate you a new license if you get stuck in the annoyance of notifications again :))

6. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

I just checked mine, and it appears as per your attached image. Whether it is the default, or not, I am not sure. :)

7. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

I'm done testing for the evening... I've been messing around with this in one way or another for about 14 hours. I'll wait to hear if the team found anything tomorrow, Joe. Thanks for your excellent effort, as always.

8. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

Thanks Tarnak. :)

9. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

Just to clarify, is the default setting with 'Automatically remove blocked files' ticked?

10. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

Yes, I can confirm that, having just reinstalled Prevx on two computers and making specific note of the default configurations. :)

11. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

12. PrevxHelp

It depends on your installation - if you are a licensed user, the "Automatically remove blocked files" checkbox is checked but a free user doesn't have that functionality enabled.

13. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

Obviously, I am licensed....;) so I must have unticked the ""Automatically remove blocked files" checkbox.....Thanks, once again, Joe. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.