Configuration Editor 3.00.105 not showing all NOD32 options

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by rpremuz, Apr 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rpremuz

rpremuz Registered Member

Hi!

On a MS Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition with SP3 I have ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4 Business Edition (ver. 4.0.417).

In the NOD32 GUI I entered the advanced setup tree and disabled the email client protection:
    Antivirus and antispyware
    --- Email client protection
    ------- clear the "Enable email client protection" checkbox

I exported the NOD32 settings to a XML file.

I opened the XML file in the ESET Configuration Editor ver. 3.00.105 but I couldn't find a setting corresponding to the "Enable email client protection" option. I was surprised with that as I expected that all NOD32 options could be edited in the ESET Configuration Editor. Is that right?

In the NOD32 GUI I enabled the "Enable email client protection" option and exported the NOD32 settings to another XML file.

A comparison of the two XML files showed that they differed in only one line:
    <NODE NAME="IsEnabled" VALUE="1" TYPE="DWORD" />
    which showed that the "Enable email client protection" option had been saved in the configuration file.

For further testing I edited the XML file by a text editor and cleared all options except the node that contained the "Enable email client protection" option (see the attached XML file).

I opened the test configuration in the Configuration Editor and again I couldn't find a setting corresponding to the "Enable email client protection" option.

Have I done something the wrong way or was this caused by a bug in the ESET Configuration Editor ver. 3.00.105?

-- rpr. /Robert Premuž/

Attached Files:

2. SmackyTheFrog

SmackyTheFrog Registered Member

The option you are looking at completely disables the email scanning module, which will result in the Nod32 client running in its yellow "Warning" status all the time. If you are trying to disable scanning on a specific email client, look for the options under Email Client, Setup, and disable the integration for specific clients like Outlook or Outlook Express. That way the client won't be in that warning state. If you need to disable scanning on POP3/SMTP traffic (which is handled by the web access module), set the option under Personal Firewall, Setup, Enable email checking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.