Configuration changes aren't being pushed/updated

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by bradtech, Mar 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bradtech

bradtech Guest

I have successfully updated my Exception list.. I appended around 25 changes to it, and saved it to the package.. I can view the associated package's config editor and it shows my changes.. However when I push the AV to the machine it shows my old list of exceptions still in an old config xml file that I deleted..

2. edwin3333

edwin3333 Registered Member

FYI -

#1) the RA, when you select to delete an exception, actually stores it as an addition. You can't delete exceptions using the Configuration Editor.

#2) Exceptions are cumulative. If you have a machine with c:\test as an exception and you push a new exception that doesn't have c:\test, c:\test will remain on that machine. It doesn't remove the existing exceptions.

Other than those issues, it should work. It does for me. The eGUI.EXE may not show them until you reboot the local PC, but they do apply for me -- RA is 3.0.105 in my case.

3. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

Hello bradtech,

The exclusion list appends meaning that you are adding to your old exclusions. If you want to delete old exclusions, add the deletion of them to your new push.

Thank you,
    Richard

4. jimwillsher

jimwillsher Registered Member

Sorry to drag up an old thread, but could somebody tell me how I "...add the deletion of them to your new push" to remove exclusions?

Many thanks,

Jim

Edit: Ok I figured it out. ERA 3.0.105 allows you to flag entries for deletion but it always writes DELETE="0" in the XML. Helpful! Manually editing the XML in Notepad and setting DELETE="1" does the trick.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.