Config not applying with remote install.

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by rumptis, Jun 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rumptis

rumptis Registered Member

I have created a package to install to workstations and selected the config file I want. While looking at the package and selecting edit to see the config file it shows the correct one and all the settings I have changed.

The problem I'm having is when I push install the package, it installs fine but the configuration is not applied and I have to apply the configuration from the RA, I use the same config file and it applies just fine..

I have tried creating a new package and that made no difference.

Thanks you for any help.

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

What options are not applied?

3. rumptis

All of them. What I noticed first was after they installed the failed to update because they were trying to go out to the internet for there updates but had the wrong username and password because they should have been updating with the server, they are however logging that they failed to update with the sever. So I looked at all the options and nothing was applied at all.

Like I said when I look at the config that is packaged with the install package it shows all my changes in there including the update settings so it would contact the local server.

I take the same config and apply it from the RA to the client computers and everything works correctly.

4. rumptis

I feel like an idiot, I found my problem I wasn't installing using the package I created. I was installing the default install and didn't even pay attention to which package was selected.

5. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

No problem at all, it is learning process. There is a Enterprise Edition Tutorial HERE

Hope this helps...

Cheers :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.