Config.MSI folder

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by ellison64, May 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

On quite a few occasions ive tried to install or uninstall various software,only to be greeted with a write error ,writing to the above folder.I can click retry or cancel.If i click retry numerous times the installation or uninstallation resumes and finishes.The folder is always empty when i view it so i dont know whether its some sort or temp folder?.Ive also checked that write only attribute is unchecked for the folder.Anyone else having trouble with this folder in vista premium?Hers a pic of the folder

Attached Files:

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

Ive had no problems with it. If after installation I see that folder, I just delete it. Seems to just be temp folder anyways.

3. ellison64

Thanks....
    Its only certain software that seems to cause the problem.It will install/uninstall if i just keep clicking retry ,but it does get annoying sometimes.Ive just noticed that the folder always reverts back to read only for some reason too.Does yours do that?.
    tia
    ellison

4. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

I never checked that, sorry.

5. Espresso

Espresso Registered Member

I used to have that problem a lot so I changed the security permissions to give EVERYONE, USERS, [my account], ADMINISTRATORS and SYSTEM full access. Many people have had the same problem with Vista, especially pre-SP1.

6. ellison64

thanks ill try that.
    ellison

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.