Confidence Online™ from WholeSecurity

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by PhiloVance, Jun 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhiloVance

PhiloVance Registered Member

What is this product. I think, but I'm not sure (because Symantic was mentioned in one of the blurbs) that it's owned/created by Norton/Symantic but I'm not sure.

Because I'm a member of Ameritrade they are offering it free. A description on the Ameritrade site says:
    Now, I'm not against anything free, but I'd like to know what it is that I'm installing. :D

I currently have: Prevx1(free), MS Antispyware, NOD32 and Kerio 215 on one computer, The Whole MS Security suite, and Online Armor on the other. In addition I have Spywareblaster, Winpatrol and MRU Blaster on both. Also run Spybot S&D, Adaware and Spycop weekly.

Do I really need this, or is it a waste of resources?

Thanks for any comments.

2. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

Norton is a name used for some of Symantec's security products. Wholesecurity has been acquired by Symantec as is the case with Sygate Technologies Inc., after an acquisition of the software company, the company that was acquired may have its products' support terminated. Meaning the acquired company's products may not work in the near future.

I am not sure if you need it, it probably won't last for long since it has been taken over by Symantec. Ameritrade is offering it for free because it's useless already.

3. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, all: norton's confidence online is an anti-phishing app. Normally, any given bank or security trade(such as Ameritade) would offer their online member an extra protection for free to alert their clients in the event of fake site. I have it with IE, and it is offered by one of my banks. Tursted app indeed.:thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.