Confguration Editor And Servers

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by sandersja, Apr 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sandersja

sandersja Registered Member

I have contemplating using the NOD32 Configuration editor to roll out a standardized config. However, I am concerned about IMON. By default NOD32 disables IMON on 2003 servers. I would like to keep IMON disabled on servers but enabled on desktops. Is there a way to roll out one config for desktops and another for servers? Or is NOD32 smart enough to ignore IMON settings in the config file for servers?

Regards,

James

2. Aji

Aji Registered Member

It's better to have separate packages for desktops & Servers.

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

If you do not set the option that enables/disables IMON in a config. file, the default setting will be used (ie. disabled on servers, enabled on workstations).

4. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    Other reasons to want a separate config for servers.....program component updates and restarting, you want your desktops to be force fed the updates and reboot..no choice for end users. For servers..you want to control that during off production hours. Also servers will usually have more "exclusions" in AMON...certain shares and database directories, etc.

5. sandersja

sandersja Registered Member

Thanks for all the good info. One question remains, how do I roll out one config for servers and another for workstations? I am guessing the RA server can handle it, but my network is small and was hoping to do without installing RA server.

James

6. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    I'd just install the whole EE package...takes but a minute or two, doesn't take up resources..so size of network is really irrelevant. Wonderfully easy to customize a "type" of config file...save it named in a manner that makes sense to you..create an install package from it also..right click and manage away.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.