Concerning FF RC3\final

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by ThunderZ, Oct 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThunderZ

ThunderZ Registered Member

Anyone running it on WinXP 64? Thinking about making the jump from Win 2k to XP64 to take full advantage of my PC rebuild. This will be among the deciding factors.

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

i havent tried RC3/Final on x64, but previous versions worked fine. its just a normal app so u dont need a special x64 build.

3. ThunderZ

:D Thanks much for the info. ThunderZ edging closer to a nuke and pave.:cool:

4. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hello,
    No intention to be rude, but you could try a x64 Linux. You'll be amazed at the speed. And FF will be there too, of course.
    Mrk

5. ThunderZ

Not rude at all. You have me intrigued...... Just not ready to make the jump to Linux as my main OS on my primary machine. But, say if you were to provide a link\recommendation to a 64 distro I might be enticed into a future dual-boot. :D

6. Mrkvonic

Hello,
    I'm running SUSE 10.1 64 - it's fast as lightning. Really, it's such a damn fine joy using it. I'm also running VMware Server in it, and although I've committed only 512MB to an XP guest in it, it's faster than a 32-bit Windows running natively with the same memory.

SUSE is also great for making a server or router.

http://opensuse.org/

And then, hint, hint, you can read about how to configure it in my suse install tutorial, step-by-step.

And I have also successfully today configured a pptp dialer and working on an l2tp, so there's another step I can help with.

Once you try Linux 64, no going back.

BTW, you can practice in Windows. Install VMware Server. Install SUSE in it (mind only 32-bit version for 32-bit host!). Start feeling the OS. Then move on to dual boot.

Mrk

7. ThunderZ

Sorry for the time laps between replies. Was off in another thread taking care of some lap top business. On my way now to check out the links and maybe grab SUSE.....oooops......I mean download it. LOL

8. Mrkvonic

Hello,
    You should have written GRUB SUSE ... he he he.
    Mrk

9. ThunderZ

:eek: :cool: :D ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.