concerned about install....

Discussion in 'FileChecker & ID-Blaster Forum' started by vivalabogota, Mar 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vivalabogota

vivalabogota Guest

Well, I downloaded and fired up the software, and then it said that it is going to change the id #'s of all the traceable software, even the OS, and decided I didnt want to do that, the page I got to was the one it said to print out to keep your original #'s and that scared me, I dont even have a printer. So I 'X''d out of there, in other words, tried closing out the program from the upper X in the right hand corner, and it took me to the program. Are my #'s already scrambled, because I closed down the program and uninstalled it, and in XP, restored to an earlier date....

Need help, please reply,

Viva

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

I'm sure Javacool will be along soon to verify this (or to refute it ;) ), but ID Blaster merely changes entries in the registry, (if it is run), and since XP's System Restore fully restores the registry back to the state it was in at a previous time... As long as you went back to a point before ID Blaster was installed and/or run, you should have all your ID's safely set to what they always were.

3. nameless

nameless Registered Member

I'm confused. You downloaded and installed ID-Blaster Plus, whose whole intent is to obfuscate various product IDs, and only afterward realized what it did?

In any event, if you received the notice to record your original Windows product IDs, then closed out without going further, you are fine. Your original product IDs are as they were.

LowWaterMark is also correct about the changes being made to the registry. Even if you had accidentally changed your product IDs, using System Restore would have undone the change (unless System Restore choked, as it is wont to do).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.