comss - antivirus teste

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by marciocruz, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marciocruz

marciocruz Registered Member

the result's of this test:

h**p://www.comss.ru/page.php?id=1119

original page in russian, so here the translated one by google:

h**p://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=pt-PT&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.comss.ru%2Fpage.php%3Fid%3D1119

2. Frank the Perv

Frank the Perv Banned

Interesting. Thanks for posting.

What adds credibility to this test is that their 'home-boy' Kaspersky did not do that well.

G-Data, F-Secure and Emsisoft continue to do well.

I wonder why they tested two types of Panda?

MSE, AVG & Webroot continue to underperform.

G-data gets very little attention here -- but they have done very well on multiple tests. Maybe it's time to take a look at that program.

-ftp

3. ELWIS1

ELWIS1 Registered Member

Comodo 99,8% WOW
    but 6 FP

4. cruelsister

cruelsister Registered Member

Note that as the samples were collected from July-Sept 2012, one can infer that the vast bulk of these samples were D+3 and above. In my opinion any AV company whose product isn't in the upper half is just showing contempt for the user as their priorities seem to be elsewhere than protection against infection.

The way this test was designed it should have been a slam dunk for any company which puts Security over Marketing.

5. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

I used translate with Bing after looking up the site but can't pick out the particular test referred to from among the several listed there.

6. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

I don't get it, they tested almost everybody except for Avira...

7. IBK

IBK AV Expert

@Osaban: they stated that they tested products which claim/appear to be Windows 8 compatible, so they did/cloud not include AVIRA.

8. Taliscicero

Taliscicero Registered Member

That's because it always performs well and does not have many settings to change. Most here at wilders care more for the flavour of the month and change AV often, if they use G-data there is no chance for change as its always a top performer. So they ignore it.

9. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

AFAIK G-Data is kinda heavy and support is spotty; that's why not a lot of people use it. Not sure if that has changed recently.

10. Taliscicero

Support is still spotty, but G-data IS with both engines runs fine on a 1.6ghz 1GB ram net-book at my house. Last patch optimized the engine very well.

11. Firecat

Interesting. It's actually very cheap where I live (in the order of USD 19.99 for 3-PC 1 year license), but I've been avoiding it because of the comments so far about support and performance (not to mention I'm quite satisfied with what I already have). Good to know :)

12. Taliscicero

I like it so far. I live in the UK and it would have cost be $150 for a 5 user / 2 year license. For whatever reason on the USA version I got that same deal for $80 and it works fine on my computer despite being USA regional.

One of the reasons it appeals to me is that it has the BD engine/signatures and unlike Emsisoft which uses a behavior blocker as the second engine, G-data uses Avast! which to me is about the same level of protection but more preferable as behavior blockers require human interaction. The Avast! engine and signatures for the most part don't. There are a few multi-engine products out there, but G-Data is really the only one that does it right in my opinion. Emsisoft is sudo 2-engine, and products like Trust-port/Coranti are okay but get lost by having more then 2 engines which is too many and instead sacrifice quality with what engines they choose due to the fact they have more then 2 which costs more to license.

13. Firecat

AFAIK Emsisoft has its own scan engine as well in addition to Mamutu. TrustPort and Coranti are (IMO) basically just a collection of SDKs with an interface built on top (that's oversimplification, but still). Companies like BullGuard and G-DATA also perform a lot of antimalware research on their own and have several customized technologies. That's why they're the best of the multi-engine products IMO.

14. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

It makes sense, thanks.

15. Macstorm

Macstorm Registered Member

At the top in all of them, nobody can go wrong with G Data :thumb:

16. phyniks

phyniks Registered Member

I cant see MSE there ....did you mean Windows Defender?

17. Frank the Perv

Frank the Perv Banned

MSE is named 'Windows Defender' in Windows 8.

18. phyniks

phyniks Registered Member

I didn't know that.....thank you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.