computer's speakers got louder (same settings)

Discussion in 'hardware' started by wutsup, Sep 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bill_Bright

Bill_Bright Registered Member

There has to be at least one partition, even if it take up the whole disk. Then it must be formatted.

2. wutsup

wutsup Registered Member

well yes i only have 1 partition on my 1 500gb(techiincally 465gb) harddrive. when i was reinstalling windows instead of clicking format i clicked delete partition and then my only options were create a new partition or click next. since i just want 1 partition i just clicked next and it installed windows. should i have clicked format instead? please answer this question

p.s.
    but as of right now im typing from a second computer and using dban beta (one that finally works) on my main computer using DoD 7 pass. this is overkill and its gonna take around 12 hours i think i shouldve just done autonuke.lol

3. wutsup

wutsup Registered Member

but iremember when i first built my copmuter it dindt have anykind of audio when i first installed windows, thats why when i just deleted the partition and i still had audio after reinstalling windows vista 64bit it diidnt feel like i reformatted. thats why im using dban autonuke. this should take care of that right?(wanna start from a clean slate

4. Bill_Bright

Bill_Bright Registered Member

Take care of it? You have not convinced me you have a problem to take care of. As I said earlier,
    A format is not a cure-all. In fact, it often does not fix anything because the same piece of hardware causing problems is still there, or the same bad driver is reinstalled. Or because the user never learns what was wrong, so breaks it again the same way. DBAN is to keep bad guys from finding your old data. You don't need DBAN to keep Windows from accidentally finding it, nor does DBAN remove rootkits or other data you think might be interfering here.

I have no guidance to offer from here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.