Computer won't work after cloning unless both HDD present

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by lookingforhelp, Sep 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello everyone.

After cloning my hard drive to a second hard drive in my computer, I made a mistake of not removing the original hard drive before rebooting. Now the computer boots from one hard drive and uses the system files on another.

If I remove one hard drive and reboot, it tells me the page file can't be found. Tells me how to assign a page file to a hard drive but then again it goes back to the login screen and won't let me change anything.

I have switched the boot order in the boot.ini file but regardless of which hard drive the system boots from, the user profile wnds up on the other hard drive.

TI version 8.0 (The server version) and Windows 2000 server. Nothing fancy like RAID or anything. Just a simple C: and D: partition on each hard drive.

Please help if you can.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello lookingforhelp,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Server Disk Backup Software.

Have you tried to point the location on the paging file manually?

Please boot into Windows with both hard drives connected, since as I have understood it is the only way to get into the operating system at the moment.

Go to Start->Settings->Control Panel->System->Advanced->Performance Settings-> Advanced-Virtual Memory Settings->Point the location of the paging file manually.

If that does not help then I'm afraid that I would not be able to provide you with the further assistance, since the problem is not related to Acronis software.

I advice you to contact Microdoft Support Team regarding this issue. They will probably help you.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.