Computer won't turn on - no response at all.

Discussion in 'hardware' started by BlackScarletLove, Jul 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlackScarletLove

BlackScarletLove Registered Member

I got home today and my computer was shut down. I assumed it was a power outage so I clicked the button to turn it on again and nothing happened. I even held the button down. It is as if it is connected to nothing. I checked the plug, it was plugged in, I even tried it on another socket and with another cord, still nothing. I thought it might have been something with the power supply but the light on my motherboard came on when it was plugged in so power is getting into the tower, but still nothing happens.

Does anyone know why my computer is not turning on?

I considered that maybe my master drive had died, and that is why it is not turning on, but im pretty sure it boots up to a certain point even without any drives in it, at least till the point where it says, error: no drives, etc. I've never experienced it not booting up at all, like it's not even plugged in.

Help?

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

The power supply would be the first culprit to check.

Make sure all your internal connections are snug. Unplug and replug them into their sockets.

Is the computer dusty inside?

Do you use an uninterruptible power supply? Any storms or lightning in your area lately?

Last edited: Jul 7, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.