computer wont boot

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by slusher, Aug 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slusher

slusher Registered Member

hello, I reformatted my hard drive yesterday and created two partitions on my 80 GB. one being 64 GB, and the other about 10 GB. I had installed windows XP home edition on the 64GB partition. I was planning on installing a second OS on the 10GB partiton. I then downloaded and installed the acronis disk director suite trial software. I was then given the option to restart right then, or do it on my own later. I chose to restart right then. Upon booting in that restart, the Dell loading screen passes then all that I see is a completely black screen with a blinking white underscore in the top left hand corner. What has happened? How can it be fixed?

Edit: i am able to go into BIOS

Thanks,
    slusher

2. Batfink

Batfink Registered Member

Im pretty sure ive had this problem when .net wasnt installed, but I may be wrong... If im not, I think you may need to reinstall the OS (or restore from image), and install .net before installing acronis.

On a new build, DDS was the first thing I installed, then rebooted.. and it wouldnt load windows... It was only after I had updated my install, which included .net, then installed DDS that things worked fine...

Last edited: Aug 12, 2006
  3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello,

Thank you for using Acronis Disk Management Software

to Slusher:
    Please do the following to try to get back your system:
    - Press F8 when boot screen appears
    - Then choose Windows Safe Mode
    - Uninstall Acronis Disk Director 10 Suite
    - Reboot in Normal Mode
    - Try to install Acronis Disk Director again.

Or:
    - Press F8 when boot screen appears
    - Choose the Last Known Good Configuration
    - Try to install Acronis Disk Director again.

If this issue persists pleasу let us know.

Thank you
    --
    Alexander Gladkov

4. waydawn

waydawn Registered Member

I recently installed logitech to my pc, and as it was restarting it went to this message....starting Acronis Loader.........No commands for booting operating system. Press <Enter> to reboot......
    it goes back to the same line, i am not even able to press f8 to get to safe mode, please help me i have a deadline, i dont have all the software on this laptop, anyone have a boot cd download to help acronis work?:(
    I have d.isk director on my system, and windows xp64
    thanks, Wayne

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.