Computer will not boot after image completed.

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by timothyshaffer, Jan 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timothyshaffer

timothyshaffer Registered Member

Ok I have been giving the task of creating a custom image of windows 7 for my company. I have created the image and hosted it on a network location. I created the recovery media on a flash drive and booted the recieving computer with the recovery media and found the image and installed the image. When the computer restarts it posts then shows the windows 7 logo for 1 second and restarts. This has happend many times over now and i have ran all the boot fixer tools that comes with Paragon. PLEASE HELP ME because i cannot figure out what is going on. I and using 2 Dells to do this. The image is coming from a Optiplex 755 and going to a Optiplex 745 if that helps.

2. Paragon_MattK

Paragon_MattK Paragon Moderator

Ok, well it sounds like the system isn't booting because the image was made on a system with different hardware then the target machine. To confirm this is the issue, please boot the machine and press F8 during boot (before the windows loading screens) and select "Disable automatic restart on system failure" this should cause the system to stop at a blue screen with an error code ending in 7B.

If this is the case, then you will need to either make an image on the same hardware you are restoring to, or use the adaptive restore feature available on the advanced recovery CD when restoring from the backup file. This will allow you to reset the HAL.DLL, which contains the hardware profile for the image.

Also, check the BIOS settings for both the machines and check the SATA operation mode. If an image is made on a machine using AHCI it will require the adaptive restore to be used on a machine using ATA and vice-versa, so changing the target machine to match the source should resolve the issue.

Hope this helps.

3. timothyshaffer

Ok I am getting the 7B error. I do not have the option to use the same hardware between the Image and the Restore because the office has different Dells all throughout. I went to try the adaptive restore feature available on the advanced recovery CD but i do not see that option anywhere. Where or how do I restore it using the adaptive restore feature.

4. Paragon_MattK

Which software and version are you using? Please make sure you are using the winPE based environment, this is not the disc that is created using "Recovery Media Builder" and selecting "Typical".

When the disc loads it should have a "P2P Adjust Wizard" select the OS to adjust and choose "Apply changes physically".

From my experience the most common issue with the dell machines is the SATA operation mode in the bios that causes this issue.

5. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

I also want to point out that in addition to the steps Matt wrote, check your BIOS to see if ACHI is present and try restarting with it toggled the other way (on/off).

6. timothyshaffer

I installed the software today and i still dont see that option anywhere. Is there a step by step guide to making the recovery disc that has that option?

7. timothyshaffer

BTW it is not the ACHI in the BIOS I have already tried that.

8. Paragon_MattK

You will need drive backup 10 to perform this operation, you will need to log in to your account on our website and download the WinPE based recovery CD, this will have the "P2P Adjust Wizard" option.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.