Computer virus shuts down Houston Court House & 911

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by Malcontent, Feb 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Malcontent

Malcontent Registered Member

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=6645494&pt=print

Last edited: Feb 6, 2009
  2. TechOutsider

TechOutsider Registered Member

Enterprise security is often poorly managed. I'm not surprised. At my local university, the Symantec AntiVirus 10.1 has not been updated since early 2005. Mannually updating will work temp; SAV syncs back to the admin computer upon logoff/login.

They later installed WebRoot SpySweeper alongside it and each and every computer runs like molasses.

3. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

They should use RETURNIL password protected or Faronic's DEEP FREEZE coupled with AE for security IMHO.

But what do i know, right?

4. Carver

Carver Registered Member

Do the have any idea how the virus got into the computer system, that will indicate what the most effective method is rather than a shotgun approch. If it was the right 475 computers it will take forever to cleanup(months) but if they (whoever masterminded this) got only lets say 30% then the court will be back up and runing again in 2 or 3 weeks. You have to admit it is would be a big feather in some groups cap to have the bragging rights to say my friend and I engineered the biggest court stopage ever.

5. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.