Computer Virus!! Need help on removal.

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by dc116, Aug 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dc116

dc116 Registered Member

I did a scan with MalwareBytes and it showed that I have 3 files infected:
    C:\Users\Public\Favorites\netservice.e… (Backdoor.Agent)
    C:\Users\Public\Favorites\NginuL_na.ex… (Worm.AutoRun)
    C:\Users\Public\Favorites\plug\001.dll (Backdoor.Agent)
    however, Malwarebytes took NO ACTION in removing them

these viruses obviously look VERY DANGEROUS, so I attempted to manually delete them by going to the folders. HOWEVER, after entering the "users" folder and then the "public" folder, I COULD NOT FIND the "favorite" folder (it was not there). WHAT IS THIS SUPPOSE TO MEAN?
    1) the viruses have cleverly concealed themselves so that I cannot find them
    2) malwarebytes is bs
    3) they were already neutralized by malwarebytes or spywareblaster (that I also have on my laptop) and they are perfectly harmless
    4) something else??

Additional Details
    I use windows vista
    I also have SuperAntispyware, Avast pro, and windows defender but I have not scanned the PC using those software yet as they take too much time.

2. prairie dog

prairie dog Registered Member

Not allowed to work on logs here at wilders. I would post your logs in the Malwarebytes forum. They have excellent support

follow the instructions here

and post your logs here

They should help remove any issues you are having;)

3. Toby75

Toby75 Registered Member

Not allowed to POST logs...but we can help him.

dc116,

Download A2 Free...update...then run a deep scan...let me know how it goes.
    http://www.emsisoft.com/en/software/free/

I am more than willing to help anyway I can.

Toby

4. prairie dog

prairie dog Registered Member

I guess what I should have said is post there if he would like to have someone look over his logs to verify everything has been removed, even after running any scans.

5. Tarq57

Tarq57 Registered Member

Following a scan with the excellent MBAM, the scan report will appear.
    It is then up to the user to select the "remove selected" button. (Look for it-it's not hard to see.)
    Select the items you want removed, first, of course.

6. TheKid7

TheKid7 Registered Member

Try an Antivirus Rescue CD to get rid of the Malware. (It is my understanding that a Rescue CD can easily detect and remove Malware since Windows is not loaded during the scan/removal process.) I have had good hardware compatibility with both the AVIRA AntiVir Rescue System and the Kaspersky Rescue CD.

The AVIRA AntiVir Rescue System download is an exe with the latest virus definitions (so you do not need to update it). You run the exe and it will walk you through burning a bootable CD. Then you boot off of the CD, change the language from German to English (Click on the British Flag.) and scan your hard drive(s). By default the AVIRA AntiVir Rescue System scans and Reports Only. If you want to clean the Malware you will have to change the options before scanning.

http://www.free-av.com/en/products/12/avira_antivir_rescue_system.html

The Kaspersky Rescue CD is downloaded as an ISO Image. You will need to burn the ISO as an Image so that the CD will be bootable. Once you have booted off the CD you will need to update the virus definitions. The default settings is to Prompt the user for Action each time Malware is found.

http://downloads5.kaspersky-labs.com/devbuilds/RescueDisk/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.