Computer Scan Error

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by peetk, Feb 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. peetk

peetk Registered Member

Using NOD32 V.3 on an XP PC, I ran the computer scan before going to bed last night and it ran all night and into the morning. I have now understood that the scan was repeating itself endlessly (I have a number of infiltrations that I was trying to find out more about) and the result is that my HDD is now almost full ! Do the scans create files which could cause this ? If so, where are they and how do I delete them ?

2. peetk

peetk Registered Member

Ok, I've found out where the temporary files were and have cleaned everything out. I've ran Malwarebyte's Anti-Malware programme and that appears to have cleaned the computer but the "in-depth" scan still runs endlessly, ie it completes its cycle after about an hour and a hlf (for a 50 gigabyte disk drive !) and then starts again ! Is this an installation problem ? I've had NOD32 v.2x for years without any problems of this nature. If someone could give me their thoughts, I would most appreciate it ! Thanks.

3. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Last edited: Feb 24, 2009
  4. peetk

peetk Registered Member

Thanks, I'll give it a try. Otherwise, I'll go back to version 2.7.

5. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Assuming there is no lingering problems identified in SysInspector by support, you might simply need a reinstall of version 3. Although this link is for version 2 the procedure still applies. https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=863312

Last edited: Feb 25, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.