Computer Rebooting during a backup

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by sig combibloc, Aug 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sig combibloc

sig combibloc Registered Member

Hello guys,

I have a problem. I have an Acronis True Image 2009. I have to use the Acronis Media BooT CD. I launch the backup of the computer.

After a few minutes and between 3 to 5%, the computer automatically reboot.

I use to make some image of the PC. I thought the CD was corrupted, I burned another one, but I still have the same problem.

Thanks for your help

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

The first thing I'd do is run chkdsk X: /r on all the partitions on the drives. Replace the X with the drive letter of the partition being checked. A reboot will likely be required for some partitions.

3. sig combibloc

I already checked with chkdsk.

I also tested on a new computer, but I have the same problem. :doubt: :'(

4. seekforever

Does the second computer you tried it on have the same motherboard and other hardware as the first one? If so, the problem may be a poor fit of the Linux drivers present on the CD - this is often the problem if the boot CD doesn't work when the Windows version does. Have you tried the Windows version to create an archive and validate it?

5. sig combibloc

Yes it is the same model of computer.

But it was working 2 or 3 times. I have made some backup a few weeks/months ago. But now, it will not work anymore.

If it was not working at the first time, I could maybe try another software. But it was working, and now not anymore.

It is weird for me.

I cannot install the windows version on the computer, because it is in a production line, also the backup I make is only ponctual backup.

It has worked for the moment, but now when I try to make new backup of this machine and new one, it will not work anymore.

May it be a restricted version ? Do the Acronis Media Boot has restrictions on a machine to make backup ?

6. seekforever

That is strange alright. Which usually means something has changed from when you sucessfully ran the program. Was there any hardware upgrades/changes done to the machine from the time it first ran? Are you sure you are running TI exactly the same way as when you sucessfully ran it?

Are these Windows-based machines? What filesystem is on the hard-drive?

Try the command given in II in this thread (be careful of the spelling):
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=55317

what do you mean by "ponctual backup"?

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

sig combibloc,

I would recommend to try another CD based on ISOLINUX. We have implemented the possibility to download the appropriate ISO file after logging in to your account (the serial number should be registered). Please log in to your account, go to the Registered products section -> Bootable media. Download the file.

You can find more information on how to burn an ISO image to a CD here and here .

Check the functionality. If this doesn't help, please check the memory module for corruption.

Please download one of the archives depending on what media type you are going to use:

diskette
    CD
    USB Flash drive

Unpack the archive and create bootable media with the test.

After that boot your PC from the media and memtest will start automatically. When it is 100% completed, create a digital photo of the screen and attach to your next post.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.