Computer problems again

Discussion in 'Returnil releases' started by smileyeh, Jan 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smileyeh

smileyeh Registered Member

I have x64 Vista with an i7 chip and 6GB RAM. A long time ago I tried Returnil and soon ran into problems with explorer.exe not responding, so I uninstalled Returnil. In October 2012 I decided to try Returnil again, and after some excellent help here in this forum I was able to install Returnil and it ran great. Now, about 3 months later, I'm starting to have the same problems I had before, and in about the same time-frame. Programs are slow to start, programs freeze, explorer.exe stops responding. Instead of uninstalling as last time, I've not used Returnil for a few days, and gradually things have returned to near normal. Is there a reason for this? I'd like to use Returnil for everyday use, but that's not practical if this continues. And if I can only use Returnil occasionally, is there a way to set Returnil to run only when needed, and not all the time?

2. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Hi smileyeh,
    At first blush I would say there was something with a heavy hand on the system that is reacting to RSS in some way. considering the intermittent appearance of the problem I am leaning towards a scanner's monitor, a potential application sandboxing issue, or a general lack of resources at specific times in the cycle.

This is all conjecture however and to get a better look at this I would suggest opening a support ticket with the usual logs attached (rvs3.log, rvs-inst.log, and an MSINFO32 report) to support (dash) tech (at) returnil (dot) com.

Mike

3. smileyeh

smileyeh Registered Member

Info sent as requested. Hope I got it all right - I'm not sure about MSINFO32 report.

4. Coldmoon

Hi,
    We have the logs and will reply as soon as possible.

Mike

5. Coldmoon

Hi,
    Just a note to say we have your reply and the report that the suggestions did not resolve the issue. As soon as I get a reply from the development team I will update you on any new suggestions.

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.