Computer name / Client name mismatch in ERAC

Discussion in 'ESET Server & Remote Administrator' started by JoeyJoeJoe, May 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoeyJoeJoe

JoeyJoeJoe Registered Member

Client name and computer name is mismatched in ERAC. (See attached).

Anyone know how to rectify this?

Attached Files:

2. rockshox

rockshox Registered Member

I've seen this happen a couple times also, but usually I end up with one having a 1 at the end of the name (ie ComputerName, ComputerName1). I usually delete them both, and wait for the computer to check back in and make a new entry in ERA.

3. TyeF

TyeF Former Eset Moderator

Right-clicking any of the entries on the Clients tab in ERAC and clicking Properties opens the Properties window of a client. Alternatively, you can double-click any client to access its Properties dialog.

This tab contains basic information about the given client. Besides the details about the ESET product installed, it shows client’s network identification data (Computer name, Domain, IP address, MAC address, etc.) and information about the operating system and last events related to activity of products from ESET.

The bottom section comprises of the dialog boxes Comment (serves to add client description) and Client name (admin can change the client name). You can enter a new client name here.

Otherwise, check the computer name and make sure it is set correctly, as per this Microsoft support article.

4. JoeyJoeJoe

JoeyJoeJoe Registered Member

Thanks Tye, but I don't think that's the problem. This isn't a case of duplicate comptuers, this is the case of the same computer reporting in with a different client name versus computer name.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.