Computer Locks up After Instal

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by JRickey, Feb 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JRickey

JRickey Registered Member

Bare with me I'm a novice. I loaded SS6 on my Dell Laptop running Windows 7. I didn't turn off the Windows firewall and defender and nothing would work. I unloaded and uninstalled and then I had a issue with the scan going slow. It took 27 hours. Also the system would lock up. I uninstalled the program in safe mode using the unlocker program, turned off the Windows firewall and Defender then in regular mode reinstalled. The system is now inconsistent but usually locks up when I open SS6. I've uninstalled and reinstalled a handful of times and get the same issues.

2. Janus

Janus Registered Member

Hello JRickey

Went for a trip to the Eset library and found this regarding :Why is the Computer scan hanging? ( or being slow) . You said that you uninstalled Eset by using " the unlocker program", didn't you mean the uninstall tool from Eset? which is the best way to ensure that eset is completly removed, before a reinstallion is tried again .The unlocker tool is used when you do not know your user-defined password. Link:
    How do I manually uninstall my Windows ESET security product?

Have a nice day, regards Janus

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

When the system locks up, generate a complete or kernel memory dump as per the instructions here, compress it and supply it to ESET for analysis.

4. JRickey

I saw this request in a search. I can follow the direction in the link but need to know how to compress it and by what means to send it? Can I save it like a file and send it as a attachment?. The uninstalled tool is what I ment. Thanks for the clarification.

5. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

You might want to give ESET technical support in the United States a call, and they can walk you through the process. They can be reached at +1 (866) 343-3738.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Last edited: Feb 28, 2013
  6. JRickey

I took into my IT guy. He removes some reminents of a could viruses then ran a scan on the harddrive that came back that the drive was failing. I'm going to replace it then see what happens.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.