computer last updated in 2002 & SP2

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by helen321, Sep 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. helen321

helen321 Guest

this computer has never been updated, automaticupdate (which is set to- download updates, but let me choose when to install.) has now been left on and we have SPa1 express in WUTemp

we now have the SP2 CD. should we install SPa1 express before we install SP2 from CD?

any more advice before we install SP2 would greatly appreciated

acouple of days ago we installed Deepburner, but still havent taken a close enough look at it to get it to work. do you think we should back-up afew things using deepburner before we go ahead? thanks

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

The windows sp2 cd includes sp1 on the disc. don't install yours let it install sp1 from the disc. And it never hurts to back up before a major install, sp2 will create a restore point for you.

3. helen321

helen321 Guest

thanks Bigc. ive heard that SP2 is fairly easy to uninstall, so if we have any problems we'll just uninstall.

i'm just abit nervous because i had trouble with SP2 and because this computer has never even been to WU, well i lie i took it there to install the new V5 activx, i dread what might happen ~:eek:~

i dont know if you get *Only Fools and Horses*, it's a comedy we have here. and Del Boy always muddles up the SAS motto, to say something like *he who dares wins* so, i dare, just doutful if i'll win or not o_O

4. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

You will be able to restore back before sp2 or there is an entry in add/remove programs where you can remove it. I would prefere to restore back before sp2 if I had problems. But have a little faith, all will go well. ;) be sure to read the read this on the sp2 disc before install.

bigc

5. helen321

helen321 Guest

my preferred option would be system restore. but when i first install SP2 i got access denied when i tried to use SR. any way thanks for your time and help Bigc. im sure all will be well too, i hope, well... :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.