Computer lags when backup occurs

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by diehardfan, Apr 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. diehardfan

diehardfan Registered Member

My setup: Acronis True Image Workstation 9.1 on 4 computers which have only Remote agents only and a Server on the same network with Management console and Backup Server installed.

Only one of my computer lags (mouse stutters, audio stutters) during a schedule backup, all the computer have same hardware specification and all using Windows XP pro. Is this normal? How come only one computer is effected?

Thanks

2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

If the stuttering computer has the same amount of memory as the others, then it's odd. But, does the stutterer have any software running that is not on the others? Antivirus, antispyware or firewall? If it is trying to do other jobs while TI is also running, that could account for the problem. See if TaskManager shows other applications or processes running that are not on the others.

If nothing shows up, try uninstalling and reinstalling TI on that machine.

3. diehardfan

diehardfan Registered Member

Thanks jmk94903 for replying.
    Well all the computers have 2GB and most of the time there is around 1GB free even when TI is running, so I doubt RAM is the problem
    I am using Kapersky, I even stop Kapersky during TI, same no difference. I use spybot and ad-ware for spyware and they are not real-time.
    Good suggestion with regards to Task Manager will definately check that out.
    If all fails I will uninstalling and reinstalling TI.

Thanks

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello diehardfan,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Workstation Disk Backup Software.

First of all, please make sure that all components of Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation, which are Acronis Agents, Acronis Management Console, Acronis Backup Server, Acronis Group Server and Acronis Universal Restore (if installed) was installed using the same build. We recommend that you use the latest build (3887) of Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation. To get access to updates you should first register your software.

If you already using the latest build, please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post on the computer in the question.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the issue and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.