Computer Lags After Immunization

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Derelict313, Jun 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Derelict313

Derelict313 Registered Member

After turning on protection for everything, some programs lag like crazy. Firefox and IE are the two most annoying. In Firefox, the download dialogue box doesn't pop up right away and my download won't start for at least 5 or so seconds. It wasn't like that before installing SpywareBlaster. I tried uninstalling it and that fixed the problem. If it helps, this also happens when I apply immunization with Spybot S&D. My computer is unprotected at the moment since the lag is annoying. I hope you can help me. I didn't have any problems up until the latest update.

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

What other security / privacy software do you have installed? (i.e. anti-virus, firewall, other anti-spyware, cleaning tools, etc.) Also, what version of Windows are you running?

In the past, this sort of lag has been caused by interactions with misbehaving security applications (some older versions of SpySweeper had bugs to this effect, for example).

Best regards and thanks,

-Javacool

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.