Computer is not found E000807D5

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by sharicov, Aug 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sharicov

sharicov Registered Member

I can't connect remote computer from management console in windows xp pro. Remote computer runs bootable agent, booted from cd. In boot agent's title I see ((none)ip). In management console I press "New connection" button, choose Browse-> None , and after a delay error message appears: "E000807D5: Computer "(none)" is not found." Ip recieved from DHCP server, remote computer can be pinged.
    The product is Acronis True Image Enterprise Server 9.1.3718
    Computers are in the same subnet.
    Remote computer's motherboard is Supermicro PDSMi.
    P.S. How do I change remote computer name from NONE ?

Last edited: Aug 29, 2006
  2. sharicov

sharicov Registered Member

I had succesfully connected to remote computer by it's ip, logged on as usr:a pwd:a (without username it gave me error message: "Username or password incorrect"). But it's not a solution for me, because I want to be able to restore several computers at once without knowing their IPs, only with browse option.

3. zottel

zottel Registered Member

hi,
    i've got the same problem described above. where's the supportteam?

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Sharicov and Zottel,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Remote Server Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Please make sure that your DHCP server is working correct.
    Please also make sure that you use the latest build of all the components of product. Please note that it is very important that Acronis Bootable Media, which you boot your remote machines from, has been created with the latest build of product.

If the problem persists with the latest build of all components, please submit a request for technical support. Provide the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears (preferably with screenshots) and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Ivan Sarychev

5. RockyCore

RockyCore Registered Member

Depending on your network, the machine booted up into the Acronis Bootable Agent has no way to register with DNS, possibly.

How are you supposed to browse to a machine by name, unless it is recognized by your DNS servers ? That's the question.

Also note that if you do find a way around that, make sure you have ports 9876,9877 open. Check the manual if you really need to know which uses UDP and which is TCP.

If you want the machines to boot up with a specific name, reachable via a DNS query from your management console Browse option, you will probably have to look into a BartPE based solution.

6. efreedus

efreedus Registered Member

I had two workstations, one of which was seen from the Management console and one which was not. If I then entered the name of the 'not', it gave me an "E000807D5" error. But the name then appeared in the list of 'browsed' computers AS THOUGH it was being seen, but still wouldn't connect. From this I concluded that it is NOT really browsing for workstations.

I then entered the NAT IP address of the 'not' machine 192.168. etc etc and it connected. So I concluded that there was some problem with the DNS on the server.

I then compared the IP settings between the two workstations and found that the good one specified an IP address and listed the Server's IP address amongst the DNS servers (the others were my cable company's). Whereas the 'not' was obtaining an IP address and DNS server addresses automatically.

The backup is still running so I can't test, but try to include your Server's IP address in the list of DNS server's in the properties of the TCP/IP on your NIC.

7. ryanv

ryanv Registered Member

I've seen this problem a lot and if you do a search you'll see this problem has been in true image for a long time. Right now I'm getting this error while running the management console on my storage server and trying to connect to itself. This storage server is a true image backup server and its a group management server.

I am using TI 9.1 (371:cool: and this server can't connect to itself using either the IPs or hostname. Usually I just reboot it and then it works for a while but there are times when rebooting the server isn't convenient.

When its happening on the other systems I usually just redeploy the client and then it will connect to them.

Either way, its most likely a bug in Acronis and since its been around for a while, don't expect Acronis to do anything about it.

Obviously that has no effect here because we're not using the bootabe media to connect to the remote machines. We're using the management console inside of Windows. I wish Acronis could put staff in this forum that actually know what they're talking about and to not just say:

This error comes up once in a while for different machines but it's the last of the problems I'm concerned about. True Image has much bigger problems than that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.