Computer infected...Why not just reformat?

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Devinco, Sep 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

Hey Notok,

I was hoping you'd get back to this one, thanks. Since the last post, I had a chance to totally look into the links off the homepage, and read a couple of threads in the nLite forums. I did catch the bit on the "read this first" with suggestions for the basic removal image. It's great there's a very active members list on their site, for info and questions, nice support.

As far as services, thanks for pointing out that little note. I've picked up some good basic understanding of these issues through the the very clean and professional, "Black Viper" site. I'll take your advice on the SFC file protection, stability is good.

Appreciate the consideration ;).

Again, thanks for sharing the information on nLite and rounding out my questions,

Best Regards,
    GF

2. Notok

Notok Registered Member

:D Anytime

3. Charmed2

Charmed2 Guest

Okay. On the other hand, I have seen newbies who have clean systems panic because of FPs. You know the type. They suddenly get serious about security run half-a dozen scanners and invariably, one of the scanners makes a FP (typically because of activeX killbit) and they start considering a reformat :)

4. 1:41

1:41 Guest

Charmed2,

Quote - ("Okay. On the other hand, I have seen newbies who have clean systems panic because of FPs")

This is normal for a newb, especially if they don't have anyone close by to assist.In this age of rush, rush, rush,
    it's the ones who stay cool and post for assistance.Your right though, they get all serious about security and surf around for that quick fix, which if not available, ponder the word "reformat".If it boils down to this for them and success is the product of their efforts,they will walk away the wiser.

1:54

5. Notok

Notok Registered Member

Well, after you've reformatted half a dozen times, you end up with a good backup strategy and you start finding ways of troubleshooting before yet again reformatting.. so it all works out in the end. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.