Computer getting stuck on Welcome Screen (xp)

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by rabidscouser, Nov 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rabidscouser

rabidscouser Registered Member

Hi

I dont think this is a virus as everything on my hijack this reading is as it should, and Norton cant find anything but my computer gets stuck on the welcome screen of XP, when I restart and it does the scan disk sort of thing, file checker, if the computer runs through that it works fine, any thoughts

Thanks
    Leo

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

This might give you some help. Sorry it took so long to reply. You might check my other post at this link.
    http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=16540

Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 294427
    Support Centers
    Windows XP
    Other Support Options
    Contact Microsoft
    Phone Numbers, Support Options and Pricing, Online Help, and more.
    Customer Service
    For non-technical assistance with product purchases, subscriptions, online services, events, training courses, corporate sales, piracy issues, and more.
    Newsgroups
    Pose a question to other users. Discussion groups and Forums about specific Microsoft products, technologies, and services.
    Page Options
    Send
    Print
    Windows XP Stops Responding at the Welcome Screen
    View products that this article applies to.
    This article was previously published under Q294427
    SYMPTOMS
    When you restart Windows XP and the Welcome screen is displayed, your computer may stop responding: neither the keyboard nor the mouse work. When you restart your computer again using the F8 key, you may receive the following error message:
    System restart has been paused:

Continue with system restart.
    Delete restoration data and proceed to system boot menu.
    CAUSE
    This problem can occur when your computer enters into the Hibernate mode and accesses a corrupted memory snapshot.
    RESOLUTION
    To resolve this problem, select the Delete restoration data and proceed to system boot menu option which enables the computer to perform a normal restart, instead of performing the restoration process while the computer is in Hibernate mode.
    STATUS
    Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed at the beginning of this article.
    MORE INFORMATION
    The Hibernate mode is a Power Management mode which can store the state of your computer in its primary mass storage device. The Hibernate mode is useful when you leave your computer in Standby mode for an extended period of time.
    The information in this article applies to:

* Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
    * Microsoft Windows XP Professiona :)

- removed unnecessary attachment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.