Computer CRASHING... Help.

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by ftaf, Oct 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ftaf

ftaf Registered Member

Hello, please help me.
    A couple months ago while using IE6.0 I clicked or rolled over a flash news thing on my MSN homepage and my computer would freeze. Nothing I could do but restart. I'd let scan disk do its thing, nothing. So it got progressively worse. I tried to reinstall IE nothing. So I downloaded Netscape and it has been working up until last week now it seems pretty much when ever I open a page with flash (I'm guessing), roll over, click, or anything my screen clicks and goes to black and my computer restarts, it also freezes to so that the mouse is frozen on the screen. Please help!!!!

I'm only guessing its flash. I tried reinstalling 7.0 and I thought maybe dirext X but I tried installing those two 2 days ago and nothing helped.

I have Adaware and S&D and Hijack This.
    I use Adaware and S&D but haven't used Hijack This without help from this forum.

Thank you and please help me...

2. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Hi ftaf,

It's hard to say what it could be.

If you do not have an antivirus, then you should do an on-line virus scan to see if anything is detected. You can find a list of sites to choose from here: Do an on-line virus scan and fix what they find: Free Services.

Also, make sure your AdAwareSE and Spybot S&D is the most recent versions and you have brought them up-todate. Then try a scan with them while in Safe Mode.

I'm afraid we no longer do Hijackthis log analysis as per our Posting Policy stated in this Announcement. But if you still feel you would like to have your HjackThis log looked at, then you can find a link in the Announcement Post that will give you a list of other sites that still provide log analysis.

Let us know how the on-line scans go.

Regards,

snap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.