Computer crashed, how to retrieve Username

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by rsisk101, Jul 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rsisk101

rsisk101 Registered Member

I would like to transfer an existing NOD32 license from my crashed laptop to my new laptop.

I cannot boot the old computer, but I do have access to the hard drive from my new computer.

I have several NOD32 usernames because I have several computers around the house with valid NOD32 licenses.

My problem is, I don't know which of my NOD32 usernames was used on the crashed laptop.

Is there a way to find the Username on the hard drive from the crashed laptop so I can transfer it to my new laptop?

2. NoobStick

NoobStick Guest

3. ThomasC

ThomasC Former ESET Support Rep

Hello,

Well you can acquire your licensing information here(as was posted as I wrote this, :)) If you use the registered email address it will provide you with all of the licenses registered to that email at once. Then look at the user names on the ones that have not crashed. The one left will be the correct one.

4. rsisk101

I was hoping there was a better way than looking on all the other computers. Some are not easy to get access to.

5. dmaasland

dmaasland Registered Member

Well, if you manage to open the registry files, you could try looking in: HKLM\SOFTWARE\ESET\ESET Security\CurrentVersion\Plugins. The rest might differ so you might need to click around, but it's in the key specifying your update profile.

6. rsisk101

OK, so I think I have it narrowed down to the correct Username.

Next question. Since my computer has crashed, I cannot uninstall the license on the crashed computer. How do I work around that?

Also, I am moving from Vista 32bit to Windows 7 64bit. Will that cause an issue when transferring the license?

7. rsisk101

All is well now.

Response from ESET support regarding not being able to uninstall NOD32 from crashed computer. Not to worry since that licensed copy will not run anymore, there will not be a problem.

Thank you everyone for your quick responses

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.