Computer acting like infected like I would expect ARP poisoning to behave

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by brucemc, Nov 2, 2014.

1. brucemc

brucemc Registered Member

Lately I have noticed a lag between mouse movement and response the same as I would have when I used to use Log Me In and working remotely to this computer, but I am directly on it. I do use CursorFX to change my mouse pointer, but have done so for more than ten years. As my kids use this computer also, I am concerned that they unknowingly did something (Not to say I am not above doing something stupid).

I have run Spybot besides my constant running of the Microsoft utilities - Defender and their firewall enhanced by Windows Firewall Control, and yesterday ran the Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool, which all found nothing wrong.

I do not know what to do next. Normally I would start throwing everything against the wall, then finally wiping the disk clean and rebuilding, but even that could have something tag along with documents and family pictures I would save.

Would someone out there that actually knows what they are doing (in contrast to me...) please suggest intelligent steps to now follow?

Many thanks.

- Just un-nerving to know someone out there is likely watching everything I am doing...

2. Minimalist

Minimalist Registered Member

First I would remove CursorFX and any other software that might affect mouse movement.
    If that wouldn't help I would scan my system with some other on demand scanners: Malwarebytes AM, Emsisoft Emergency Kit and Avira PC Cleaner to name few.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.