Computer acting like infected like I would expect ARP poisoning to behave

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by brucemc, Nov 2, 2014.

1. brucemc

brucemc Registered Member

May 27, 2004
    Lately I have noticed a lag between mouse movement and response the same as I would have when I used to use Log Me In and working remotely to this computer, but I am directly on it. I do use CursorFX to change my mouse pointer, but have done so for more than ten years. As my kids use this computer also, I am concerned that they unknowingly did something (Not to say I am not above doing something stupid).

I have run Spybot besides my constant running of the Microsoft utilities - Defender and their firewall enhanced by Windows Firewall Control, and yesterday ran the Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool, which all found nothing wrong.

I do not know what to do next. Normally I would start throwing everything against the wall, then finally wiping the disk clean and rebuilding, but even that could have something tag along with documents and family pictures I would save.

Would someone out there that actually knows what they are doing (in contrast to me...) please suggest intelligent steps to now follow?

Many thanks.

- Just un-nerving to know someone out there is likely watching everything I am doing...
  2. Minimalist

Minimalist Registered Member

Jan 6, 2014
    First I would remove CursorFX and any other software that might affect mouse movement.
    If that wouldn't help I would scan my system with some other on demand scanners: Malwarebytes AM, Emsisoft Emergency Kit and Avira PC Cleaner to name few.