complex backup.exe Error

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by agent86, Mar 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. agent86

agent86 Registered Member

When using the Boot Media Builder for the WinPE 4 boot disk / USB it works very well and has all drivers needed but there is a backup problem over the network.

I can backup using the WinPE 4 boot disk to local drive, I can restore from Local Drive and Network no problems.

Backup and Recovery in Windows backs up and recovers well.

Problem is Backup running in the WinPE boot disk fails with this error

complex backup.exe application error memory could not be written and some numbers.

I assume the network driver is fine as I can recover using the disk. Under Windows 8 I can write to my backup computer but for some reason with the disk it does not.

Not a big issue but would be nice to get it working. Does this work for anyone. It is the disk I downloaded today.

Windows 8 64bit

2. Paragon_Chris

Paragon_Chris Paragon Moderator

Are you mapping the disk from the boot media? Can you view the file structure of the mapped network drive from the boot media? Have you tried creating a new directory or folder on the mapped network drive?

3. agent86

agent86 Registered Member

No I was not mapping. I just browsed to a computer share on the network. So I need to setup mapping I can't just browse the network for a fully shared network location?

4. Dave313

Dave313 Registered Member

My systems (2 Win 8 and 1 Win 7) have this exact same issue when using HDM12 Bootable Media (WinPE). Everything works except backup. I can see the file structure of the mapped network drive from the boot media just fine. I have a 3-PC license and the problem occurs on all 3 machines.

The exact wording of the error message is...

'ComplexBackup.exe Application error"
    The instruction at xxxxxxx referenced memory at xxxxxxx. The memory could not be written. Click OK to terminate the program.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.