Completely Stopping EAV or ESS?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by shansmi, Apr 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shansmi

shansmi Registered Member

Ok, I run benchmarks for competition but I also use my rig for normal stuff. I know from experience removing ESS and EAV that these programs cost you from 300-500 points if left installed while benchmarking. Is there a way to completely stop all processes without actually removing the program? I am not just real worried about a Virus during this time mainly because all access to the machine is shutdown as well either by being unplugged or disabled in the Device Manager.

Shannon

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

In Safe Mode , goto Control Panel > Administrative tools > Services . Find the ESET service , which is generally set to Automatic . Right click it , choose Properties and change the service to Disabled .

Reboot . When the computer restarts , you'll notice the interface/splashscreen (egui.exe) hang . You can open the Task Manager and kill egui.exe

By doing this , the kernel will not load and program will not work . Note , that after your work , you should turn back the ESET service back to Automatic (and re-start the service) so that protection is activated

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

For the above to work with v4, you'll first need to disable Self-defense and restart the computer.

4. shansmi

Awesome!!!! I will certainly try this next time I bench which happens to be next week when I get my new block! 4.4GHz here i come!

:D

5. shansmi

FYI

After these recommendations were made I thought of another way to avoid booting knowing that errors would pop up once I logged in. I used MSCONFIG to disable the ESET startup entries after I disabled both of the Services. That worked great!

Thanks again,

Shannon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.