Completely Removing TI 8

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Laurelton, Nov 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Laurelton

Laurelton Registered Member

I haven't seen any posts from Acronis support here in almost a week re: the "can't find any hard drive" error which I (and others, obviously) have. Again, I'm running TI8, the latest build on a brand new Dell 8400 w/160gb SATA drive.

So, I couldn't wait any longer and went out and bought Norton Ghost, which I'd like to install today or tomorrow.

Sounds like TI8 is hard to uninstall, based on some posts here. Can someone please share their knowlege on how to best do this? Or point me to a step-by-step link somewhere which can cover all the bases? I'd like to wipe everything clean, including any stray registry entries.

TIA

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Laurelton

Sorry to hear that TI didn't work for you. As for uninstalling TI 8, and assuming you're using Windows XP, have you checked out this <post> by BeenthereB4?

Regards

3. John Farrar

John Farrar Registered Member

FWIW
    Prompted by Laurelton's post I investigated Norton's Ghost further and found some satisfied and disatisfied users of that software. What to do? I was about to jump ship and go the Ghost route but I may as well stay with TI8.
    o_O :(

4. Laurelton

Laurelton Registered Member

Thanks, I've just now looked at it. Can't say I'm too enthusiastic about using 3rd-party try-at-your-own-risk stuff. I may end up there, but I'd sure like to hear from ONE Acronis support staff member here in the "SUPPORT" forum ( o_O ) with an official uninstall process, similar to what Symantec provides for users of their NAV 2005 product.

This is clearly a driver/controller related issue, somewhat akin to what some Dell owners had to go through in a reinstall, before SP2 came out with updated AHCI drivers included; before that, if we wanted to do a clean install of windows, we would have to download the drivers to a floppy and install that first, before the install would continue... otherwise, we'd get the dreaded 'no hard drive present' message. (sound familiar?)

What I'm REALLY aghast about here is the total SILENCE from Acronis! This is a significant problem (duh!) and all we have are users, stuck in the mud, talking to each other, bemoaning their situation!

5. Gauthreau

Gauthreau Guest

I've been having problems with getting TI 8 to work as well. Support on these forums is far from prompt, and the frustration I recieved from TI has pushed me to Norton Ghost.

Instead of just uninstalling TI, I formatted my drive, reinstalled all my apps, activated everything, ensured I had all the drivers, THEN I created a backup. That way when I restore the drive, it'll only take me 30 min as opposed to the better part of a day. I've run through the restore process with Norton and I KNOW it works. I have confidence that when I need it, it will be there.

Neil

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.