Complete uninstall of TI 11 please

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by WellWell, Mar 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WellWell

WellWell Registered Member

I need to uninstall TI 11, but it's leaving tons of stuff all over the place, including the registry. I followed a 2004 post to manually uninstall the program, after i already tried to do it from Control panel. I just want to make sure I get everything. This is ridiculous.

2. Bruce Mahnke

Bruce Mahnke Registered Member

3. shieber

shieber Registered Member

I can think of few programs these days, except a few very tiny simple utilities, that don't leave stuff behind when you uninstal. Many even leave behind unneeded stuff after an install! It has more to do with the way Windows works than anything else-- not particularly an Acronis issue. Some post-uninstall detritus disappears after reboot, some doesn't. Try uninstalling Nero, or almost any security suite, Wordperfect, Office, the list goes on and on. Some of these other software makers also make little utilities that do the "scrubbing" cleanup. Acronis has yet to release one for ATI.

However, the basic steps are

After running Uninstal,

Delete these directories and their subdiretories

C:\Program Files\Acronis
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Acronis

The run regedit.exe and search for and delete all entries containing "acronis" or "trueimage". Much better than regedit is to use jv16 power tools -- it can find all the entries in one step and let you delete them in one step instead of one by one. You can do the job with regedit but you'll soon find that life gets teejus, don't it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.