Complete Backup ?

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by Decapad, Jul 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Decapad

Decapad Registered Member

Hello. I just finished customizing my settings on my new pc after 3 long days of work. Now I would like to create a backup for the pc at exactly this moment in case the pc totally crashes. So I would prefer if the backup to have all the operating system software & services plus all the programs I've installed. I have an external drive to park the backup. What program (if any) can do what I need. Of course I would prefer a freeware if pos. I believe I used Paragon many years ago to accomplish this, but fortunately never needed to use it. Many thanks. D:)

2. ZeroDay

ZeroDay Registered Member

3. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

I've been using the paid version of Macrium Reflect for years now to do just that, never an issue or problem restoring an image, the free version should serve you well with only some features in the paid version missing.

4. taotoo

taotoo Registered Member

The built in imaging will do it too.

5. claykin

claykin Registered Member

It will, unless you want to restore to dissimilar hardware....

6. taotoo

taotoo Registered Member

It doesn't look like he wants to, but why wouldn't it be able to?

7. Decapad

Decapad Registered Member

A zillion thanks to you guys for your kind help. Just to be sure I did the right thing (Using Reflect) - I selected "create image of the partititions required to Backup & restore windows" . I did not select "image all local drives" . I just want to make sure I did the right thing. Thanks again. D;)

8. guest

guest Guest

clonezilla

9. allizomeniz

allizomeniz Registered Member

Yes the way you did it is fine. You can also do it from the Create a Backup tab. Select the partition that has your operating system, programs, etc. (usually C). Then select "Image this disk" and you'll get the same window as you got when you did it your way. Just select the destination and name and you're off. :)

10. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

My opinion: use more than one backup software. The built-in Windows program is excellent and gives you a freebie. Add any other second program and you should be good to go. (Trust me, the day will come when you WILL need that other second backup program).

Acadia

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.