Compared to other popular anti-spywares...

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by sweater, May 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    I was wondering then, how effective it is that Ewido 4 engine's detection on finding spywares compared to other "popular" old time anti-spywares like Ad-Aware, Spybot S&D, CounterSpy, Spyware Doctor and Spy Sweeper...:rolleyes: :cautious: :blink:

Can it really finds almost the same kind of spywares aside from trojans, just like those other well known anti-spywares? o_O :rolleyes:

2. toasale

toasale Registered Member

I feel it is as good as those listed; however, scanning takes different flavors from different vendors. Depth of one will vary from that of another, "width" of one will also differ.

Try Ashampoo at http://www.ashampoo.com for a total of 40 days trial and determine its S & D's ability.

Just think, you and I and the rest on these boards are trying to protect ourselves and there are those who think "It won't happen to me".

3. TopperID

TopperID Registered Member

I don't know about ewido 4, but 3.5 would appear to be much superior to the AS scanners:-

http://spywarewarrior.com/viewtopic...&start=0&sid=6ccd8bee78d3977d590a9f10c788ef39

It's possible that CounterSpy/Spysweeper etc will do a more thorough cleaning job with some specific spyware, but with the more dangerous stuff I would trust ewido's realtime protection over that of the AS scanners.

4. egghead

egghead Registered Member

Of course they do.

The honeypot consists of: ("Types of malware roughly fall under the following"; http://spywarewarrior.com/viewtopic...&start=0&sid=6ccd8bee78d3977d590a9f10c788ef39)
    Trojans = 51
    Worms = 11
    Keylogger = 4
    Dialer = 1
    Adware = 33

It's no surprise that apps that are strong in the Trojan department (Ewido, kaspersky) score high in this "test".

Now take a look at how Ewido scores in a spyware orientated test:
    <snip>

For what it's worth. ;)

edited to remove link to "test" - they "tested" and linked rogue software as listed at spywarewarrior - which tells us the test is very illegitimate - Detox

Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2006
  5. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Since this is not an Ewido beta support issue but rather a comparison discussion I've moved it tot he proper forum section.

6. WilliamP

WilliamP Registered Member

I have not tried Ewido Beta 4 yet but I have 3.5 full. I bought and removed CounterSpy , Adaware Plus, and SpyBot. Just don't need them. Running OA, NOD32,PG and Defence Wall.

7. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    So, you're just using now an Ewido plus anti-malware...:cautious: and you didn't use any other anti-spywares, and you're not infected with any spywares since you've done this? :rolleyes: o_O

8. btman

btman Registered Member

Ashampoo is a no no....

9. Franklin

Franklin Registered Member

Already posted this over at spyware warriors forum.

Quote:

A friends computer could not access the net .It turned out to be a fault with the phone wall plug wiring.

Noticed he only had PCcillin internet security which was out of date so took it home and dowloaded Ewido and Superantispyware.

Updated both and ran Ewido first which found and quarantined 13 items relating to "Zango" and "180 solutions".

Then ran SAS which found and deleted an extra 3 files and 52 reg entries relating to the above crap.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.