Company question

Discussion in 'hardware' started by ThunderZ, Jan 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThunderZ

ThunderZ Registered Member

Anyone ever purchase any products manufactured by PCCHIPS?
    I am looking at a very cheap mobo made by them at Newegg. I was given An AMD Athlon 2600+ (Barton core). Just looking to put together an extremely low budget tower to use it in. The unit will probably serve as a HDD tester\data recovery machine.
    Zero gaming.

2. ThunderZ

Took the plunge and ordered the board. Sure would not rely on a board of this questionable quality for my main tower. (but with the processor having been a freebie do`t want it gathering dust). Will throw in decent AGP 8x card (512 onboard) to help with the minimal graphics load it will have and air cool the heck out of it. Will keep you all posted if anyone is interested.

3. jonyjoe81

jonyjoe81 Registered Member

That's the motherboard I had on my last main home computer amd 2800 pc chips m848 version 2.1. It ran fine for 2 years and then I upgraded my computer/motherboard. I actually still have that pcchips computer as a backup and it's running fine.

For me it was a good board, I paid 59.00 for it, it served me well.

4. ThunderZ

Appreciate the feedback. Figured for the price and what I want to use it for it was worth a try. Sounds like I got a deal at under $40 which includes shipping. Supposed to be here tomorrow. :D

Thanks again.

5. ThunderZ

Well, the good news, the mobo arrived. The bad news, it will not display. The monitor does show it is receiving a signal. Using an old AGP 4x which it is supposed to support. (was planning to upgrade to 8x).

All hardware excluding the mobo were pulled from a working system.

I have seen far better documentation.

No display = no access to BIOS. Have reset the BIOS using the jumper after having disconnected the cord, ATX connector and even pulled the battery.

As a last test I will un-case the board and see if that makes a difference.

o_O :( :doubt: :blink: :ouch: o_O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.